Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware Configuration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 benny269

benny269

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

Can anyone suggest a free online PC scan that will give me some detailed specs of the hardware I have in my PC? I'm particularly interested in the speed and ratings of my RAM modules.

I've been trying the one at D-A-L but I can't seem to download the file - I keep getting an error.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

Benny, have you looked at our Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps?

There are several utilities listed under System Information

I'm partial to SIW and System Spec, but there are several others.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 SACHIN SHETTY

SACHIN SHETTY

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:22 PM

Hi,:flowers:

Get into Bios setup.
In win Vista restart the pc by keep tapping F10 key for win XP turn on the pc by tapping F1 key and use the UP,DOWN and LEFT RIGHT KEYS to select the options.Because mouse will not work on this screen.
After seeing all information don't change any Values just press F5 key to save default and then press F10 key to save and Exit..

Regard's

Sachin Shetty
Hewlett Packard
India
Email: xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx
:thumbsup:

Moderator Edit: Email removed for user benefit. Spambots will harvest your email and fill your inbox. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 01 September 2007 - 08:30 PM.

sachinshettyVisit My Website

#4 benny269

benny269
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for those suggestions. I am aware of the programs linked at the BC forum but I was more interested in an online scanner so that I may be able to use it for other PCs also.

Good to know the method using BIOS but I would much prefer a simple scan that can be intitiated online. Thanks all the same.

So anyone aware of any online scanners beyond D-A-L.

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

I have SIW and System Spec both on CD and a Thumb Drive that I carry around. It's simpler that way.

BTW - I was just to the DAL.com site and had no problems with it.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:17 AM

SIW is easily downloaded (as is the app for an online scanner) and it runs without an installer (which the online app doesn't do). Since it's free, you can download it to any computer that you're using. Having it on a thumb drive just makes it even easier to use, since the download is already done.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users