Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Kaspersky Anti-virus 6.0 Trial Off My Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arbriel

Arbriel

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

HI,
I try to keep everything off my desktop that my husband--who can't stop clicking on stuff he doesn't understand without asking me--can get into trouble with. Somehow, he turned off our virus protection, or the pop up did, and downloaded a virus protection program trial called Kaspersky. I don't need it, it has messed up my Macafee & when I try to repair it, Kaspersky comes up as the reason it won't repair. Also, it sits on my Add-remove list like something that won't flush..... I try to remove it and it makes my computer freeze slightly, just enough that I have to remove it via Windows Task Manager & there it stays.
Also, whatever he did also makes all the changes I make to try and remove taskbar icons not work, everything stays the way it was after I reboot.
Trouble is, I run my business from this thing & he has messed it up. Can you all help me?
Thanks, Arbriel

Edited by Arbriel, 01 September 2007 - 07:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,711 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:26 PM

In a situation like this, the first thing I would try is system restore. I would select a date and time just prior to the installation of the trial software. Any program updates or other new programs installed since then would have to be redone. Documents would be unchanged.

Hope this helps,

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users