Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Make A Compressed Zip File

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zenvita

zenvita

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

I can't figure out how to make one. I open the folder that I would like to compressed but when I do the whole FILE>highlight content>Right-click>select Send To> Compressed zip folder...I don't have that last option. I have win zip, which I'm assuming just unzips folders but not make them. Am I looking in the wrong place?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Johnathan Lyman

Johnathan Lyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:04 PM

If you set WinZip to intergrate into the shell, you should be able to right click and choose WinZip > Add to ****.zip.

I'll install winzip and try to help.....

Open winzip, and drag your files into the winzip window. It should prompt for an archive name, etc. etc.

make sense?
Johnathan Lyman
Keep On Rockin'!

"I know my computer like the back of my hand, so don't go telling me I don't know what's going on."
www.johnathanlyman.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users