Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Finish Loading Windows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LAKEGIRL22

LAKEGIRL22

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hi everyone

I had one of my sons friends download something bad I was tryning to resolve in safe mode and got stuck there. so then I tried to do a system recovery, bvut now after it finishes loading the software from the patitain I think. It wont finish the job It gets stuck at where you complete the installation and it says your all done your ready to begin or something but then it never leaves that screen I've been through this process at least 10 times I'm so frustrated I cant afford to buy a new computer I'm working with windows xp on a compaq precario sr1023wm

please help
thank you maria

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnathan Lyman

Johnathan Lyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

Well maria, thank you for your post and I must say to never let kids you don't know messing with your technology. Very very bad. Us kids have potential to do some damage.

With that said, I've read your questions and I am looking into it right now. If someone else knows more already, they'll post.

EDIT: Lakegirl22, are you recovering from a CD/DVD? Will it let you boot normally if you hard-restarted it? (press-and-hold-power to turn off, then turn on again) I need to know some preliminary stuff.

Thanks in advance for your patience

Edited by Johnathan Lyman, 01 September 2007 - 05:47 PM.

Johnathan Lyman
Keep On Rockin'!

"I know my computer like the back of my hand, so don't go telling me I don't know what's going on."
www.johnathanlyman.com

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

I have a couple of questions: Are you doing the Windows XP system restore or are you running the recovery program built in by Compaq?

Have you done any RAM upgrades to this machine?

Have you made the recovery discs?

Here is the link on how to use the Compaq Recovery
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#4 LAKEGIRL22

LAKEGIRL22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for responding everyone

I am running the recovery from the compaq set up that already is in the computer I thinks its the partition?

I tried to use the cd discs (compaq system recovery windows xp home addition) that i have but I just am not doing something right Im not that greaT at this stuff, although I can follow direction.

I have not made any upgrades to system and any thing else I can tell you to help me please let me know

thank you maria

#5 SACHIN SHETTY

SACHIN SHETTY

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

Hi Maria, :thumbsup:

I am sure i will help u out for this.See insert the CD 1 and shut down the Pc and restart the computer..Start recovery by selecting the option factory restore click continue after selecting that it automatically starts recovery...and follow the onscreen instructions.
very simple steps...if you have any struggle while doing this send the reply we are here to help you for that..And also i like to know which operating system you are using...XP or Vista....

Regard's
Sachin Shetty
Hewlet Packard
India
:flowers:

Edited by SACHIN SHETTY, 02 September 2007 - 05:22 PM.

sachinshettyVisit My Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users