Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Pro In A Win2000 Pro Based Comp.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krazed2

krazed2

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

i got this pc from a friend and yes its a little old but not bad.it appears to be and old office domain system left over after office upgrades.it has a pent.4 1.7G processor on a intel mobo 768 ram. ami bios, and a 80 g ide hard drive (w/d)..ok this is how it happened i got the box which had 4 hard drives in it i pulled them all except 1 and booted from cdrom did a quick reformat and installed xp pro w/sp2. while loading files it stopped at 96% and gave me a message :cannot load file wind_w.chq so i skipped it.everything seemed to be loading fine afterwards.finished installation it rebooted auto.ly win logo came up and i thought i was done then i got this little window wanting admin. password ????????so then i backdoored my way in w/windows R epair opt. off my win os cd and jumped in by way of install program while it was installing devices by pushing shift+F-10 . that brought up a dos window typed :NUSRMGR.CPL from there i created my own password.then i typed into dos :control userpasswords2 and that took me to xp user accounts where i set my user name and password as the admin. and setup a guest account.rebooted and oh yes it says windows starting i'm there!!!!!!!!!WRONG!! now i get this window:::::GINA logon is the header at top.so i type in my screen name and password and i get------The system cannot log you on due to the following.The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted try again or consult admin. well i don't know what to do now ,this started out as some spare time project for enjoyment now its a pain that i cannot walkaway from i am thinking my the quick reformat job left something from the office system network embedded in the h/d so now i'm running ONTRACK Data Eraser2.0 to totally wipe the drive and try re-formatting and re-installing xp after that.anyone have any clues for the clueless???? might i be on the right track ? update! i did the data erase re-installed xp and hell ya for and old dog its fast and if i can overclock it i believe it will be great

Edited by krazed2, 02 September 2007 - 02:58 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users