Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Website

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:52 PM

Ok so I have a website for my clothing company and everything loads correctly, but at the bottom of the browser, it says "Done, but with errors on page" I use Dreamweaver for make my website/s, but I don't see any errors in the coding, any suggestions? or is there a program I can use to fix this issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

It's hard to know what it is complaining about. Very few pages load without some sort of errors, be it HTML, javascript, or CSS. You can use an HTML validator to see if your HTML is well formed:
http://validator.w3.org/

#3 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

ok thanks I will try that, and also re-look over my css style I am thinking that because some of the headers I use on the subpages aren't showing up, just the text is, so I will look at it and respond back. thanks

#4 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

Also, if you have FireFox, you can get an add-on, called Web Developer.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60 -- Is the link to it.

Under the Tools menu, you can validate, CSS, HTML, Links, etc. It's really great if you're designing web sites, also if you want to check other sites' CSS and HTML to learn how they did something.

Good luck. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#5 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:29 AM

If you're using Internet Explorer, the "Done, but with errors..." message 99% refers to some sort of JavaScript error. In IE, double click on the error message in the status bar and click the "Details" button. This will give you a rather cryptic explanation (if it can be called that) of the error. Usually something like "Expected ;"

Noot had the best suggestion, though. That addon is a life-saver!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users