Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Grammar checker

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mangosteen

mangosteen

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 AM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:56 AM

Hello,

May I know where can I find/download good programs that help me to check or correct my grammar mistakes ?

I have a few so far but they are not as good as I expected /wanted.

Thank you.
Let's stay happy and healthy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:18 PM

While there are many good applications that check spelling, something a computer can do, there are none that can adequately correct any but simple grammar mistakes, as the latter requires a rather high level of sophistication that all but the largest computers (and programs) lack. Moreover, grammatical mistakes would certainly change betweem, for example, formal and informal English styles.
So for the present, your best recourse is to read and use the standard books on grammar and whatever style sheet you need to use.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users