Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Completely Remove Symantec Client Security?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 senqrr10

senqrr10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:01 AM

I recently purchased a laptop online and it came with Symantec Client Security. Add and remove programs did not remove all of it. How do I get it off my computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:19 AM

Link to Norton removal tool below.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen...005033108162039
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 senqrr10

senqrr10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:33 AM

Do you know since that is a norton removal tool if it will also remove symantec client security? This product does not show up on the list of programs it will remove. The other issue I'm having is I'm suppose to be able to do this from home for my daughter who is away at college.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:18 PM

Manual uninstalllation documents for Symantec Client Security Products in link below.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-s...002031914291648
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 senqrr10

senqrr10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

When my daughter clicks download for the removal tool she gets a this page cannot be displayed message. When she tries to go to the manual unistallation documents page she gets a page error message.

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:20 PM

If you go to the page in the last link I provided, you will see that there are many products. If you know the EXACT Symantec product that you want to remove, you can send the manual instructions to her through email by simply copying and pasting the instructions in an email.
There are many reasons for not being able to view a page online. Sometimes it is because the server is down. More info is needed to give a more specific answer as to why the page wasn't viewable. I clicked on one of the manual uninstall directions and was given a different page as the original page had been moved. If at first a page is not viewable you should try at a later time as it may just be busy. Is there problems with viewing other sites that are similar?

#7 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:21 PM

Try clearing old files and settings may be preventing you from connecting to the Internet.

Click on Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click Okay.
Click Delete Cookies. When you are prompted to confirm this selection, click Okay.
Click Settings.
Click View Objects.
Click View, and then click Details.
If Damaged appears in the Status column for any program file, remove that program file.
Close the Downloaded Program Files dialog box.
In the Settings dialog box, click OK .
Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the selection.
In the Internet Options dialog box, click Okay.

Now try to download the removal tool.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users