Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Pc freezes and reboots constantley

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andre_bergh

andre_bergh

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:49 AM

I have a Win98Se pc used mostley for backups and laplinks.. It jus reboots for no reason, and sometimes just freezes. Its a PIII 800Mhz with 256Mb memmoy, 2 HDD, tape backup drive Seagate, cd rom drive, removable HDD cradle, modem, AISA LTP card, Onboard LAN,VGA,.... and a usb mouse.. Software is NAV2004, Firefox browser, OE6, IE6Sp1, Backup software, Novell for netware, Magic 9 Developer and some more..

I tried a new powersupply that is bigger. Could anyone help please? I last made a backup a week ago!!!

Thanx..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 12:24 PM

Andre,
I would like for you to get the HijackThis program which you can find in my signature below. NO computer should be without it. It's free. You can read the page there for instructions. Please do NOT make any changes yourself with that program. Just download and install it and post the log it gives you in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. Our experts can view your log and locate anything out of place that would cause the problems you are having. That is assuming you aren't having some type of hardware or software conflict.
~67~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users