Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Command Prompt Messenger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Verify

Verify

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 01:26 AM

Well, this is just a little thing I was testing. So here ya go! :thumbsup:

I used this to send a message to my sister and she was freaked out. lol well this is also fun if your in class
and you have nothing else to do so you send a message to the teacher lol. well enjoy. I don't think this is against the ToS but who knows!

--
to test this on yourself go to run>>CMD>>type "ipconfig"
--
Steps:
Right click the desktop go to new text document, then type this

@echo off
:Top
cls
title Net Send
echo MESSENGER By Verify
color 70
set /p n=User:
set /p m=Message:
net send %n% %m%
Pause >nul
Goto Top

save it as anything.bat open it up and for user: type the IP adress of who you want to send it to. then message is message of course.

*Note this will not work if the messenger service is disabled. To enable it follow these steps.

1. Click Control Panel
"Classic View"
2. Administrative Tools
3. Services
Look for "Messenger"
4. Go to properties and go to automatic.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:35 AM

Haha nice :thumbsup:

wasn't there

net send <username> * Hello

for sending on a network aswell?

oh well :flowers:

#3 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

for username you put their IP adress

-edit-

woops read your post wrong lol. If there is link me to a tutorial or something I'd like to make this direct.

Edited by Verify, 01 September 2007 - 09:07 PM.

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:41 PM

I had a colleague get suspended from class for a week for inappropriate use of school equipment for messing around with set send. It's harmless (and juvenile), but for some reason teachers don't much care for classroom disruptions.

Just a thought.

#5 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

good thing I'm in high school =] and the teacher is pretty slow... she asked me to help her to learn C++, when she was teaching us C++ >_<. Maybe it's because it's her first year as a teacher. And it's the schools fault if they don't know how to up there security on computers.

#6 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

This is just for people in LAN. But it works.

I wonder if it can modified for Direct Internet or something.

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

good thing I'm in high school =] and the teacher is pretty slow... she asked me to help her to learn C++, when she was teaching us C++ >_<. Maybe it's because it's her first year as a teacher. And it's the schools fault if they don't know how to up there security on computers.

May be a valid point, but one that could get you suspended if not taken well. Most school systems take computer system security very serious, even when holes are pointed out by well meaning students.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#8 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:27 AM

May be a valid point, but one that could get you suspended if not taken well. Most school systems take computer system security very serious, even when holes are pointed out by well meaning students.

I actually DID tell the teacher many flaws in the system account manager... I told her someone could change them selves to Administrator and delete all the accounts if they wanted to, and many other things like add/remove programs etc. You know what she did? Nothing. Nothing at all, she said "I'll tell the Tech people" and I was like WTF YOU ARE A TECH PERSON!!!!!
well I didn't say WTF but in my mind I did. I actually said "aren't you a tech person?" she said yes, but I'm busy at the moment..... So that's why I say screw it and don't bother anymore.

*Note She wasn't busy.. she was at her computer and nothing was up.......

#9 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

And it's the schools fault if they don't know how to up there security on computers.

Wrong. If I leave my house unlocked, does that give you the right to walk in and use the telephone? Kids........

As far as your teacher not handling the tech work, she is a teacher. Schools hire techs to specifically handle tech issues. But since you have not been into the real world yet, I would not expect you to know better. Net send is a system tool, and not a security issue at all, so let's not get off track.

I am not going to argue about how smart you think you are vs. the experience I know that I have, but am only trying to point out that one should be careful about what they are doing with school property. My apologies. I'll let you learn on your own.

#10 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

woah never said I was smarter than you >_<
and you are part to blame if you leave your house unlocked.
and I never said anything about rights.. If I get caught I get caught simple as that.

I just wanted to let you know that I did let her know along with security issues... and she didn't do anything about is so.
I say if you left your house unlocked but someone told you before you left then you are to blame.

Edited by Verify, 02 September 2007 - 02:18 PM.

#11 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:08 PM

So you are saying that you have a right to trespass on my property if I leave my door unlocked? Sorry, that will just get you convicted.

And I never claimed that you said you were smarter than I; When you make comments like "and the teacher is pretty slow", you are suggesting that you have some superior knowledge that you really do not. Based on my experience (which is actual, real world, criminal law and forensics experience) I gave you a friendly warning. You tried to argue that it isn't your fault, but if you choose to use school equipment on a manner for which you are not authorized, then that is your choice. Nobody is forcing you to do it. If I am leaving my house unlocked, I am not forcing you to trespass. Just because the computer is not secure does not give you the right to use it how you see fit. Being in high school is no excuse either; You can't claim to be aware of a problem (and make it known to a teacher) and then claim that you are too young to be responsible.

"Yes your honor, I know that trespassing is illegal, but I am too young to know better?" That doesn't work in the real world.

#12 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

You win, but I never said anyone had any right to go into your house if you leave your door unlocked and someone told you, I merely said that you would be to blame because you could have maybe stopped it from happening but you didn't. and as for my age. Why does that always get brought up? I hate how older people act like there smarter than younger people (not saying your doing that.)

#13 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:27 PM

You win, but I never said anyone had any right to go into your house if you leave your door unlocked and someone told you, I merely said that you would be to blame because you could have maybe stopped it from happening but you didn't.

No you did not but in a real scene that is exactly what you have done. I have been in and out of law enforcement for near 3 decades (1980) and one of the first thinks you learn is lack of knowledge is not a defense. If you read your State's Criminal Statue it will describe Electronic Trespassing (Or whatever your State calls it). You will also find no exception for not taking from or altering the system. The simple act of entering a computer is a criminal act. Just like entering a home without permission.
What you choose not to see in groovicus' post was his comparison between a physical entry and an electronic entry. I also believe he was attempting to head off your contempt for persons you perceive as less knowledgeable than yourself (Your teacher, the Technical staff,..).

and as for my age. Why does that always get brought up? I hate how older people act like there smarter than younger people (not saying your doing that.)

You brought it up when you announced that you are in high school and that your are more knowledgeable than your teach, and presuming to know more than her. She was not negating her responsibility to protect the school's computer system, she more than likely could actually do nothing about it. She simply does not have the clearance to preform such tasks. Since you assumed she would not, could not, or basically did not car, you do not know what she did or did not do.
You also do not know what effects turning of certain features would have on the overall LAN at that school. Just because you were able to perform these action does not mean they have gone unnoticed.
You are confusing knowledge with experience. It all appears to me you lack patience and respect. Remember when it comes to respect, you usually get what you give.

Grov my apologies, if I assumed to much.

#14 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

I admit defeat :thumbsup: no hard feelings?

#15 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:44 PM

None at all. As long as no one gets personal it is all about learning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users