Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 christine74

christine74

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:28 AM

[FONT=Arial]

Hi everyone. My mother is running Windows 98 second edition and is having some real problems getting it started. Its saying its missing a file by the name of SHLDDRV.VXD.

I've tried reinstalling but it doesnt fix the problem. I dont have alot of computer knowledge and am wandering if anyone can tell me how to fix this.

Thanks very much

Christine

Mod Edit: This will be moved to a more appropriate Forum. Where it can receive the attention it deserves.

Edited by scarlett, 05 February 2005 - 05:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldTimer

OldTimer

Malware Expert

• Members
  • 11,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:29 AM

Shlddrv.vxd is used in Panda Anti-virus. Do you have Panda installed and it is not working or did you have it and remove it?

If you removed it then it might not have deleted all of the registry entries. To repair, click Start, then Run and the type Regedit. Then click F3, type the word SHLDDRV.VXD and click Search.When it finds an entry, right-click on the entry with the words SHLDDRV.VXD and delete that entry (only that one). Then press F3 to continue searching.Each time you find an entry delete it until you are at the end of the registry. There will probably be 3 to 4 entries.

When complete, close Regedit and reboot.

OT :thumbsup:
I do not respond to PM's requesting help. That's what the forums are here for. Please use them so that others may benefit from your questions and the responses you receive.
OldTimer

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users