Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software And/or Hardware Problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:20 AM

Hi,

I recently was able to clear up a software virus problem on a friends PC with help from bleeping members which I'm always very happy to get. Only now I find that once I can navigate around and check things out that the sound system was garbled when listening to Internet radio and that the CD/DVD players (there are 2) also do not work.

I replaced the CD/DVD combo player that wasn't working with my CD/DVD Player to see if it was something different then a hardware problem. My CD/DVD Player didn't work either in her PC. So, I'm taking it that there still is a software problem somewhere.

I don't seem to have a problem using the PC for Internet access, doing email and the like but the sound and the CD/DVD Players will not work.

I'd love to do a total reinstall but that is kind of hard seeing that I don't have access to a CD/DVD Player right now.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong here and how to take care of it. Thanks.

John
John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:30 AM

You might try downloading the latest drivers for your sound card and see if that helps. Or go into your device manager (controlpanel, system, hardware, device manager) and uninstall the sound card there. Restart your computer and Windows should find it again and load a default driver for it. But I would try to get the manufacturers driver, they are better. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users