Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will This Work For Me?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tenacious d-store

tenacious d-store

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:48 PM

I found this forum during a google search. I found a post by someone who had the exact problem I do, every bit of his post is exactly what I am experiencing. I even had my computer professionally cleaned and it all came back. If I follow this steps (assuming I can understand them all, I am not very computer savvy). Will it work for me too? I have windows XP and use Firefox, I recently uninstalled all of my anti-virus software (I was using AVG) and my Spybot S&D, and replaced it with the security software provided my my internet provider and AD-Aware.

Here is the original post I am referring too.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105116/privacy-protector-error-cleaner-spyware-malware-protection/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tenacious d-store

tenacious d-store
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

I tried it anyway, but when I got to the part about clicking RunThis.bat and typing Y to begin the script... Nothing happened.

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hello tenacious d-store,

Only people trained in dealing with Hijack Logs should attempt this type of fix.
One mistake might have rendered the your computer inoperable.

Please Post the HijackThis Log in the in the Hijack and Analysis Forum by following the directions in this link; Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log .

Please Do Not post the log in this forum.
Also, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#4 tenacious d-store

tenacious d-store
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

Hi Tmack. This may sound silly, but I don't know how to get a copy of the log to post it. I am currently following the steps in the Preparation Guide for use before posting in a hijacking log, I am not very optimistic that it will entirly solve my problem since even having it professially cleaned has failed. At this point I am willing to do anything as my next step is to have my comp rebuilt.

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:28 PM

After HijackThis is done scanning your system, Notepad will open with the log in it.

In the Notepad window, click on the Edit menu and then click on the Select All menu option. All the text should now be highlighted.

Click again on the Edit menu but this time click on the Copy menu option.

Now you are ready to start a New Topic and post your Log in the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users