Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Black Window Bug

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:03 PM

I've recently found I have Black Windows or as I call them, Dead Windows, while running 3d effects on Linux. I'm also told this occurs quite often on Windows and I've only seen it once back in 2005 with and Geforce 4 Card. Is anyone else aware of this BUG? Anyone had this happen in Windows?

I'm asking because I want an accurate picture of what cards are likely to cause this.

If it's happened to you Please Post your Video Card and Installed Driver Version as this will be very helpful to me in the future when I buy a new Video card and if anyone else asks for support.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:33 AM

I use Beryl instead of the stripped-down Compiz that comes as Desktop Effects in Feisty, so I'm not sure exactly where you can manage the options for that. But the work around I know if is to change the rendering path, it's usually set to "Copy".
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users