Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmv Drm Problems...plz Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ReX

ReX

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

hey everyone
my computer recently had an error and i was forced to repair the system using the windows cd. Now after the repair was complete everything was back to normal and working fine but when i try to open DRM protected media files i get this message,

'Windows Media Player cannot play, synchronize, or burn a protected file because an error occurred while verifying the license.'

is there anything i can do to play these files is there any way to remove the DRM thats protecting the files so i can watch them again or are they lost for good? The files aren't that important but it would be nice if i could still use them. i am sure i am not the only person having this problem or a similar problem.
is there anyone out there with any help or advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:33 AM

Try this link but be warned THIS LINK CONTAINS A REGERISTRY FIX! If you are not comfortable running regedit dont as any errors may cause system failure!
http://msmvps.com/blogs/chrisl/articles/33496.aspx
MCP
MSDST

#3 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:18 PM

Back up your registry with ERUNT first though.

Instead of navigating through the registry, you could copy and paste the following BOLD text into notepad and saved it as registry.reg

NOTE: Only for Windows XP!!

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DRM

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Media\WMSDK\General]

then double click that file you just saved.

Edited by Sp0nge, 01 September 2007 - 11:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users