Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Default Media Player

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jdent1944

jdent1944

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

my original media player was nero. then i downloaded windows media player, now i can't get nero back to play my music files. i guess when i downloaded windows it set itself as the default media player.(which all it does is skip) HELP how can i get nero back. its still in my startup

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

I have WMP 9 installed (rarely use it), but I installed it awhile back thinking it would fix some streaming problems. It didn't. But I got it working anyway.

Anyhow...look in Tools-Options on your version of WMP and see if you can find something like "File Types". Un-check everything there and then make sure everything is checked in your nero player. Look at all the call home options in WMP, like update codecs automatically, etc, and un-check them too. I think that should do it.

Oh, and you might have to go into Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) and look at the File Types in Folders Options and change the File Types-Open With to nero also, if the above doesn't work and WMP keeps coming up.

Edited by mommabear, 01 September 2007 - 06:36 AM.

#3 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

:thumbsup:
Hiya,

I had this similar problem with my sons computer, Windows Media player versus Nero player.They just did not get on together.The windows player was very slow and kept jumping along, so, I went to Control panel > add or remove programs > add/remove windows components and simply disabled windows media player. No problem after that.

Regards,

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users