Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation Of New Cd + Dvd Rw Drives That Have Sata Hookups But Motherboard Has Ide Cables/connections (windows Xp System/hp Computer-2004)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hey4Horses

Hey4Horses

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

:thumbsup: I recently purchased 2 Lite-On CD+DVD+R DL W/ Lightscribe drives to install into my computer but do not have cables to support the SATA Data and Power connections that these new devices have. My motherboard has IDE connections and cables. Should I replace my motherboard? Is there some kind of adapter(s) I can use for these items or no? :huh: If I should replace the motherboard (what's a good brand to buy?), what else would I have to replace and what brands are better to buy? I can have a professional install this stuff if needed but would rather do it myself. Please let me know what I can do.
Thank you,
Hey4Horses
autochick123@msn.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 06:30 PM

You can purchase a SATA controller card
Mark
http://www.newegg.com
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users