Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To I Get Rid Of These Fake System Errors?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 remit

remit

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:44 PM

My PC is apparently infected to some degree. I'm getting pop ups saying that I'm having "Critical System Errors", that I have a trojan virus, and that I need to download either virus ranger, antispy golden, or virus locker. Judging from my google searches, these security programs are fake. The alerts pop up from the lower right side of my taskbar. Anyway, I did a google search on 'fake critical system errors' and discovered this message board. I read the posts of others who seem to have had the same problem as me, and they seem to be getting some good help from you folks. I'd be grateful if one of you will lead me through a SmitfraudFix procedure.

Edited by remit, 31 August 2007 - 12:45 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer. My name is Charles and I will be dealing with your log today.

Please download the latest version of HijackThis from the following link:
HijackThis Download Site
Once it is downloaded, extract the zip file to C:\HijackThis and navigate to the C:\HijackThis folder.
Now double-click on HijackThis.exe.
Put a checkmark in the box at the bottom that states Don't show this frame again when I start HijackThis.
Then click on the button labeled None of the above, just start the program.
You will now be presented with the main screen.
Press the Scan button and then when it is done, the Save Log button.
Save this log in C:\HijackThis.

Then copy and paste the contents of the Notepad file as a reply to this post.
Thanks,
Charles

Edited by rookie147, 01 September 2007 - 11:18 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 25 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

Due to lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending me a Personal Message including a link to your thread.
This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users