Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Restarts While Watching Videos With Windows Media Player.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 actionbastard!

actionbastard!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:25 AM

Whenever i try watching a video with wmp my screen will black out for a second,(almost like changing the channel on a tv) it will do this continually until i stop the video. Sometimes it just restarts my computer and i get the following error code (Error code 1000007f, parameter1 00000008, parameter2 80042000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.) This problem is severly annoying, ive tried re-installing windows media player, rolling it back to an older version, ive run multiple virus and spyware scans, im running out of ideas, please help!

My current media player is version 11.
here are my PC specs
Windows XP home
AMD athlon 2400+
512mb Ram
80gb hard drive
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 grahics card
gigabyte motherboard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:33 AM

Hello actionbastard! and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Have you tried reinstalling the driver for your Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 grahics card?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 toosmiles

toosmiles

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

had a similar problem last week
downloaded new graphics card driver like budapest said then uninstalled old driver-reboot-installed new driver
done!

#4 actionbastard!

actionbastard!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:52 PM

Yah ive tried udating my drivers but it didnt work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users