and save it to your Desktop.
Double click SDFix.exe
and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)
Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode
by doing the following :
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
- Choose your usual account.
- Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
- Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
- It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
- Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
- When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
- Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
(Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
- Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum with a new HijackThis log as your next answer, not as an attachement please.