Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 piroz

piroz

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:43 PM

hi all my motherboard took a crap on me so what i need help with is upgrading to be more up to date with whats knew out there .ok i have or had i should say is a maddog 550 watt power supply an asus motherboard k8n-e deluxe 754 socket a 3400+ amd athlon 64 ,80 gig hardrive and a radeon x800xl video card cd rom and dvd every thing is good except the motherboard and if i need to upgrad the prosesser too i will oh yea i love gaming first person shooters, so its biggest use is for gaming i'm mainly looking for is upgrading the motherboard and pross for now thanks see ya.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

You don't say if your ram is DDR, I'm guessing so, but HERE is a link to newegg with the socket 754 boards. I know Epox makes a good board, and I've heard that Asus is not as good as they use to be. But for the latest in gaming you should probably step up to the newer boards that have the Intel Coreduo, or something like that. Which means you will need a new processor and ram.... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 piroz

piroz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

thanks for the help see ya.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users