Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Does Not Come Out Of Sleep Mode

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Sany_007

Sany_007

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hi,

I have recently purchased a HP desktop and it has Windows VISTA Home premiun on it. But no matter what I do the computer does not come out of the sleep mode. I have to manully restart the computer. I have even tried a format reinstall but even that did not help. I would appriciate if u guys help me with any solutions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Benny Bolas

Benny Bolas

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

How are you putting the computer into sleep mode in the first place? Choosing Sleep from the Start menu? Closing the lid? Pressing the power button? Have you fiddled around in Control Panel->Power Options at all? Walk us through the steps you're taking, please.

#3 Sarahslover

Sarahslover

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

I have the same experience with an HP Pavilion and Vista Home premium. I f I'm away from the computer for a long time (don't ask) and it goes to sleep on its own (it is set to do this after 45 mins under the power saver plan option, which I want because it maximizes power savings) tapping the keyboard buttons or moving the mouse does not wake it up. It doesn't bother me that much to restart it with the power button, just seems odd. :huh:

#4 SACHIN SHETTY

SACHIN SHETTY

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

Hi Friends,

For this issue you need to go to this my own created url..
http://digbig.com/4sbbs or http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/downloads/default.mspx
Download the file on desktop and run it from the desktop..
:huh:
1.Uninstall your current mouse driver located Device Manager page. Your mouse will not work Try different Mouse

2.install the file IP32Eng.exe (Patch)

3.Restart computer and check if ScreenSaver activates

IT Fixed the Problem

Regard's

Sachin Shetty
M : 919884064817
Hewlett Packard
India

:huh:

Edited by SACHIN SHETTY, 01 September 2007 - 08:04 PM.

sachinshettyVisit My Website

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,074 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:09 AM

Also, try going to Start and typing in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Locate your mouse and keyboard in the list and right click on each one. Then select Properties, then select the Power Management tab. Ensure that the check box is checked to allow the device to wake the computer.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 A+ Certified Tech

A+ Certified Tech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:09 AM

What is your current setting in the Power Options menu in the control panel??

#7 Sany_007

Sany_007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

Thanx to all of you will try all the the steps and I will let you know.

#8 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

i had the same problem with the SLEEP MODE on a Acer Aspire E700 with Vista Home Premium, i have a cordless Keyboard (Microsoft 1.0A) and cordless mouse (Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0) - was a set...i just disabled SLEEP MODE because i couldn't get back into the PC again without pulling out the plug and putting it back in and botting up again, i couldn't switch on or off with the power button...

#9 Sany_007

Sany_007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:52 PM

Hi Guys,

I have tried the updated posted by Sachin Shetty and the resolution given by Usasma. but none work.

#10 Sany_007

Sany_007
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:37 AM

Do we have any other options??

#11 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:34 PM

i know a while ago my mouse and keyboard (whireless) stopped the screensaver from coming on and had to do something which i can't remember now, it may be possible that the cause with SLEEP MODE....

#12 onemohr

onemohr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:36 PM

I have a Microsoft wireless optical mouse 2.0 and the Microsoft wireless comfort keyboard and mine does the same thing now and then. Once the computer is in sleep mode it's like the keyboard and mouse no longer exist to wake it up. I'm running vista on a new dell inspiron computer. This doesn't happen every time just once in a while, then the only thing to do is shut the computer off and that has to be done from the power strip because the button will not always do it. Any ideas appreciated as this is really annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users