Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hp Backup Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fwick

fwick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

I managed to get an HP backup of a failing computer, using the HP backup and restore manager. At the end it said the backup was successful. Then, that machine died completely. Now when i try to restore this backup (12GB) onto the new machine, it says it is not a valid backup, maybe corrupt or may not be the first disk of a multi disk set. It is stored on my new hard drive in about 20 630mb "STC File"s. It's softThinks v1.0. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

Sounds like your backup software has made 20 CD images and stored them on the target computer. Have you tried using the "HP Backup and Restore" program to reconstitute the image(s)?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 fwick

fwick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:03 AM

I guess it took the whole 12 GB and broke it up into CD sized bits, yes. The error message is from HP Backup and restore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users