Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spanish version of XP

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 capri22

capri22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:24 PM

I took three laptops to a very poor mission village in Mexico. They don't speak English. I'm looking for an inexpensive way to get Spanish menus/dialog boxes, etc. I can buy new Spanish version of XP from MS, but they want $295 a copy. I only spent $295 for each of these machines coming back from a lease. Any ideas? Will I go to jail if I just buy 1 copy and load on all 3 machines? Thanks for your thoughts.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:49 PM

:thumbsup: capri22 That is so nice of you to help others in that way. :flowers:

See if this helps. :trumpet: Windows Multilingual User Interface Technology - MUI

And this: Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) Pack

Will I go to jail if I just buy 1 copy and load on all 3 machines?

Even if your heart is in the right place. Not legally, no. Considered piracy. Plus, Microsoft is cracking down. Only registered versions will be able to d/l from MS. No more add ons and security updates. This BC News report by Koan will tell you more.

It's Windows vs. Windows as Microsoft battles piracy

Edited by scarlett, 04 February 2005 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users