Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System 32 Folder

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ross TPO

Ross TPO

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:42 AM

Hey guys,

I know this isnt exactly life threatening but when I first log into Windows, my System 32 folder pops up on start up...any way of stopping this happening?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:22 AM

Try this:
kellys-korner
System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot - #260, on the Right
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Ross TPO

Ross TPO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried what you suggested and got the following message :

"The script cannot repair the issue. The expected registry value was not found."

#4 Verify

Verify

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

Don't know if this would help but go to My Computer--> Local Disk C:--> Documents and Settings--> ALL.USERS.windows-->Start Menu-->Programs-->Start Up

#5 Ross TPO

Ross TPO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

Don't know if this would help but go to My Computer--> Local Disk C:--> Documents and Settings--> ALL.USERS.windows-->Start Menu-->Programs-->Start Up

Nope, that didnt help but thats anyway!

Anyone else got any suggestions?

#6 mz30

mz30

• Members
  • 828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

you might want to look herewill give you a few pointers on whats happening on your computer

hope it helps :thumbsup:
god my head hurts.
if you don't ask ,you don't know

Posted Image

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:47 AM

Have you scanned your computer for malware? Here's some free, online scanners:

http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

If you've recently removed malware, this may be a remnant of it (it can be benign, or it can be a symptom that something's still wrong)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Ross TPO

Ross TPO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:31 AM

you might want to look herewill give you a few pointers on whats happening on your computer

hope it helps :thumbsup:

Hey, thanks for that.

To be honest, Ive not got a clue what Im looking for or what I should be doing with it comes to the systems/registry files.

Is there any way someone can talk me through what to do? Id really appreciate it,

Ross

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2007 - 08:05 AM

The Kelly's Korner fix mentioned by tg1911 is essentially the same thing as the Microsoft fix - just that Kelly's Korner wrapped it up in a .vbs file for ease of use.

Since that didn't fix it, then the free online malware scans are called for.

Once that's done, then we can move on to trying to stop the window from popping up.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users