Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Latest Storm Worm - Join The Beta Testing Program

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harrywaldron

harrywaldron

Security Reporter

• Members
  • 509 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 PM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

Latest Storm Worm - Join the Beta Testing program

No personal copies yet, but I'm sure the 1.7M Botnet will be sending us some soon :thumbsup:

http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/ind...ore-nuwar-woes/

QUOTE: The Nuwar gang are up to no good again. So far we’ve seen a dizzying flurry of malicious ecards, sexy emails, membership themes and YouTube bait over the last couple of weeks from the authors of the Storm worm. The latest spam run calls for beta testers to try out a product in exchange for life time free updates. A sample mail is as follows

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

Got one yesterday. Looked at it and deleted it. It just looked fishy to me and I didn't recognize the sender. I didn't know what program they were talking about and I don't download things blindly. Good to see my instincts were correct. One question. I have a Blogger blog and I'm just wondering how these viruses wound up on the blogs and what I might be able to do to prevent it. Your hard work is greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users