Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ad-aware And Vista

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 William24

William24

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

I see where Ad-Aware is now available for Vista, putting aside for the moment that there might be a few bugs, I've already got Spybot and Live OneCare, you think I need another spyware program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:19 PM

w00t!!! AdAware is one of those essential programs for fighting infections - I'd say go get it!!!!
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

Unfortunately, the "portability" of AdAware wasn't carried over into the new build. I've managed to workaround it tho - here's the steps:

1) Copy the AdAware2007 directory to your flash drive (Located in C:\Program Files\Lavasoft by default)
2) Right click on aawservice.exe and Run as Administrator.
3) Open up the Services applet and change the service to run as System (using Properties and the LogOn tab)
4) Stop and restart the service
5) Run the Ad-Aware2007.exe program to launch the application.

Now, all that being said, it's easier and quicker to just run the installer :huh:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Johnathan Lyman

Johnathan Lyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

Yes, I agree. Installing it is much faster. I have not run into any bugs with AA2k7, although you might be alarmed when, if updating it, it says it's not responding. That's nothing to worry about, as it will come back after a minute or two. It does that to me. Other than that, it seems to be working great on my Vista install (Home Prem 32-bit)
Johnathan Lyman
Keep On Rockin'!

"I know my computer like the back of my hand, so don't go telling me I don't know what's going on."
www.johnathanlyman.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users