Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting More Members?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Verify

Verify

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:10 PM

yea, I opened my site a little while back and I feel it's complete to have a lot of members on it know. Only thing is I don't really know how to get more people on my site. suggestions please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:27 PM

Hello!

To get people to come to your site, I'd suggest putting it in any of your signatures at any forums you post at (I noticed you put it into the one here, so that's good!). Also, email the link to people(you might even want to put it in a signature in your email as well) you think might be interested in your site. Maybe even ask your friends to help pass it along.

Sometimes the word of mouth can be the best thing for a web site. :thumbsup:

Also this can help you too. It's FREE and it puts your site into 14 search engines, which are all the top search engines. All you have to do is put a little tag at the bottom of your site. That might worth looking into if you'd like. :flowers:

Good luck with getting members!
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

It always boils down to content, in your case anime. Since that is a somewhat special interest, you might join various newsgroups, Yahoo groups that are about anime. As you get known to their members, you can mention your site.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking into both of your suggestions.

#5 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:44 PM

Hi, excuse me jumping in on this thread but I've found the info given so far very useful.

I also want more visits to my website and have used the link given in this post to submit it to 14 search engines but when I tried using the META tag analyser on one of the search engines it found lots of problems with my site that may mean search engines would miss it.

I used web site development software to make my site as I am just learning about html.

Can anyone advise of anyway I can make my site more "search engine friendly" in simple terms please :flowers:

The only search engine I have found it comes up in at the moment is on MSN (and its top of the list :thumbsup: which is great).

Thanks
Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

#6 Verify

Verify
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

Just use meta tags, they basically tell the search engines crawl bots what your sites all about. Making it easier on the bot to be redirected to certain pages you want. For example you can make it so the bot would display the forum links in the engine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users