Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Perfect Freecell Game?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:54 PM

My friend and I were wondering - if Freecell has number codes for every shuffle of the deck, theoretically, shouldn't there be a game number that has all the cards aligned perfectly where you can simply right-click and win? It wouldn't be a cheat because it's an actual game. Anybody happen to know the game number?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Danz0r

Danz0r

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

Interesting theory, and I see your point, but can't say I know the number.

Dan

Posted Image

#3 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

in Freecell (MS version) there are 1 million games. I know there are more combinations of cards than that (52 cards, 52 Holes) so for each card there are 52 possible locations and there are 2704 base variations (just moving one card) alone.

Posted Image

#4 Gregavi

Gregavi

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:50 PM

I'm pretty sure there is not a game for every possible "deal" of the deck, although I have played a handful of games that I consider a "perfect game" where I did not need to use a "free cell" for the entire game. I had those game #s recorded at one point but they are no longer with me after a crash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users