Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wmv Problems - Media Usage Rights Missing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 greenhurst

greenhurst

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:05 PM

I subscribe to a football site - Carlisle United www.carlisleunited.co.uk which has a paid subscription service www.carlisleunited.premiumtv.co.uk which I pay for. The paid site provides a live radio commentary and video highlights and radio interviews. Several months ago - the paid site changed the way it looked and suddenly I was unable to hear the live commentary at home although I can still hear it on my work machine. I have tried contacting the provider and the football club with little or no help. Can anyone help here please?

The home machine runs XP home while the works machine is on a Windows 2003 network with windows XP professional on the workstation.

When I click on the live commentary it launches windows media player which states "Windows Media Player cannot play any items in the playlist. To find information about the problem, click the Now Playing tab, and then click the icon next to each file in the List pane." When I right click the "Now Playing" tab it states "http://mfile.akamai.com/6095/live/reflector:21666.asx?bkup=21990" against the location on the file tab while the properties tab states "This file is missing media usage rights". My subscription is up to date.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 28 August 2007 - 03:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:08 PM

Which browser are you using? You might try turning your security settings down a notch
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 greenhurst

greenhurst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

Internet Explorer - I have just changed all the Internet settings to be "unrestricted" and it is still producing the same results.

By the way thanks for your help.

D

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

Are your cookies set to medium?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 greenhurst

greenhurst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:27 PM

Cookies was set to low and now I have moved it to unresticted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users