Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Install Fax Component

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rrgolmant

Rrgolmant

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

Hi All,

I am new here, and appreciate the time given to help clueless folks like me.
My problem:

Using Windows XP Home edition, DELL

I am trying to install the fax component from my Dell XP service pack 2 CD.

First I open the wizard and click "Install component."
Then I check FAX in the checklist.
WHen I get to the part where it says to click on the drive where CD is located, I do so:
The error I get is a copy error that reads
"Setup cannot copy the file fxsmon.dl_"

Can someone help me out so I can send a fax?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

Sorry, have to ask, are you using the correct CD with utilities and drivers on it? The phone line is already connected, right?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,764 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

Take a look at this link and see if it helps: Faxing in Windows XP If that does not help you get started, let us know the steps you took. And what the errors were.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users