Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me remove a program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samia

samia

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Hi Guys,

I just signed up, and I'd like some help. I've a computer with XP that has a program installed however, I can't find it in add/remove programs. And yet I need to remove it. I can see the program under the program bar, but it also doesn't have uninstall. P'se help,

Raymond

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 twistofcain1976

twistofcain1976

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:58 AM

You can try looking in the folder directly associated to the program ?

#3 gud4u

gud4u

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:40 AM

Two approaches:

For both approaches, set a Windows Restore Point first.

As twistofcain1976 suggested, look for an uninstall program in the program's folder. If there, use it.

If the program is not listed in Windows Add/Remove, there is no registry entry for the program. Just delete the program folder.

Hope this helps!

#4 Wally

Wally

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:07 AM

You could try this program never used it myself but can't do any harm to try. http://www.webattack.com/get/smartuninstaller.shtml

#5 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:28 PM

Have you done a search for the folder? Some wildcards may help.

Example: Lets say that the application is called Document. Try different combinations of; Document*.* or *Document.*. Be very careful what you delete. Some files that you find may be legitamite system files. Feel free to post the file you are looking for, and the results of the searches to be sure.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users