When I just started to use it again, I could not find it under COM PORTS. Instead of Identifying itself as the PROLIFIC ADAPTER, it now shows up under MODEMS as a MOTOROLA COMP MODEM. For some reason, it thinks its a modem, and has a full modem dialog box.
To isolate that the adapter and drivers were correct, I took a unused drive with XP on it, and no others software and plugged it in. It successfully appeared as the PROLIFIC ADAPTER as it had prior.
The only software with drivers that is similar is the Motorola Phone Tools software that I use with my cell phone. Even though I attemted to UN-Install all the software and drivers for it, the Adapter still wrongly appears.
What is even stranger is that when I tried to use the adapter, it worked.... even though its wrongly identified completeley.
I'm hoping someone has an explanation and how I can correctly have it appear in Device Manager as the device it is.
Edited by marc 1, 27 August 2007 - 02:28 PM.