Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Itunes Help?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Banks

Banks

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:12 PM

Yeah I didn't know where to post this so Im going to post it here.

Well I recently got a new laptop and I downloaded Itunes on it thinking I can transfer my old library on my ipod onto this one. Because thats what I did last time I got a new computer. But when i plug in my ipod it says that there is two different libraries. It made one with all the music on my computer and another with the songs in my ipod. But the thing is the one I want (the one with the songs on my ipod) is like locked, I cant access any of the songs they are just gray. And I pushed sinc and it didn't really do anything? How do I edit my library and add new songs to my Ipod? Or at least make this my actualy Itunes library because the only time it shows this library is when I plug in my ipod.

Please help. Or post a link to a site you think can help because I only found one and it was a crappy website.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:23 AM

You're in the right forum

a few options:

You could burn your music to CD and let Itunes rip it.

You could use your Ipod as a USB drive/External HardDrive and copy the My Documents >> My Music >> Itunes >> Itunes Music Folder to the Laptop.

^^ note, you may need to deauthorize the music on your old computer and reauthorize the music on the new one if you bought the music from Itunes.

Some info for transferring Ipod library:
http://ipod.about.com/od/ipodcopyandipodba...ipod_copy_a.htm

You could go File >> back up to disc. This will backup your entire library except AudioBooks to a CD or DVD.

If you're running a MAC:

Migration Assistant (Mac only)

On a Mac, the easiest way to transfer your iTunes library to a new machine is to use the Migration Assistant tool. This can be used while you’re setting up the new computer, or after it’s already done. The Migration Assistant tool is used to move data, settings, and other files from your old computer to your new one. Though it isn’t 100% perfect, it moves most files very well and will save you a lot of time.

The Mac OS Setup Assistant will offer you this option as you set up your new computer. If you don’t choose it, you can find the Migration Assistant in your Applications folder, inside the Utilities folder.

To do this, you’ll need a FireWire cable to connect the two computers. Once you’ve done that, restart the old computer and hold down the “T” button. You’ll see it restart and display an orange FireWire icon on the screen. Once you see this, run the Migration Assistant tool, and follow the onscreen instructions.

eh.. try some of those methods

Edited by Sp0nge, 28 August 2007 - 06:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users