Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Ati Graphic Driver And/or Card

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 racemommy

racemommy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:28 PM

OK no clue where to start. I have had a new comuter built for me. The guys great, but he can't seem to get the problem to happen while he has the computer. During games (so far only games) my screen will either freeze, go black, or give me an error message. When I can get my computer rebooted, sometimes it downloads the problem to Microsoft and then sends me to a screen that tells me there was a problem with my driver, but ATI has no solution for the problem. Is there anything I can do?

Would having all of my OLD files (I had to purchase a new hard drive) on the hard disk mess something up? The old files are All in a folder marked OLD files.

I am so lost. And to top it all off, I am not very savvy on the programming files and such. I kinda know where to look, but things have changed so fast, I can't keep up.

Please help!

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

First of all welcome to the forum!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your problem. It would be handy to know the specification of your computer, if you are unsure ask your friend to detail what components are inside your comptuer, also what operating system do you have. (make and model of graphics card, processor, memory, etc) We can then get a better idea of what your problem is!!

Hope that gets you started :flowers:
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:44 AM

Further to what FireKracker said. If you get any error messages can you please copy down the entire message and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users