Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio Sound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Biker Chick

Biker Chick

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. If I'm not please move to correct place.

My problem is no sound. I've been without sound for close to 5 months. I'm in another forum and those guys tried and tried to help me, but without sucess. I've tried to download Realtek AC'97 from all different places and still have not been able to download. About half way downloading the drivers to the system I will get the Blue Screen and all kinds of errors. My computer will dump the download and I'll get an error message telling me that it dumped to keep from serious damage to my computer. Then I will need to go into the Safe Mode and disable it to be able to get my computer up and running again.

I did a live chat with Gateway and allowed them control of my computer and let them try to download Realtek and the same thing kept happening with them. The Blue Screen will appear and shut down my computer. They gave up trying to help.

I have 2 questions to ask. (1) Can you think of any reason why my computer will not allow me to download the Realtek AC'97. Do you think it's the firewall (Microsoft Firewall ) stopping it or something else. (2) Would it be best for me to reformat and reinstall WinXP SP2. I have a copy of WinXP SP2.

Things I have done to try to solve:
Ran: Spybot-Search and Destroy...AVG Free Anti-Rootkit,...Trend Micro-House Call....no virus or trogans or malware are found on my computer.
I've defraged, run CCleaner to get rid of temprary files. When I go to Device Manager and look I have no yellow ? mark or exclamation ! on my Plug and Play or any where. I still have on my computer the last Realtek AC'97 that I downloaded, but it is disabled Had to disable because I was continually get Blue Screen and it was the only way I could boot up and have use of my computer.

My computer is: eMachines, Model#T2862, Intel Celeron D 330
Bus Width 64-bit
Motherboard Name Intel Sea Breeze D845GVSR
Motherboard Chipset i845GV
I am using EVEREST HOME EDITION and if you need more info of my computer just let me know
I do have plenty of Free Space for the download
Here is something that I just saw on Everest that I guese I never noticed before.
Problem Devices:
Device:Multimedia Auto Controller
PNP Device ID....PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSY
Error Code
This device is not configured correctly

Maybe this is the reason I can't download Realtek AC"97. Could any one tell me how to get it configured correctly.
I would appreciate any suggestions or help for this problem. I have already copied all My Docs to an external Hard Drive and copied my Favs there also.

Just want to say to the Administration that so far I have enjoyed this site. Every since I joined, I've enjoyed the Tips Section and have looked at all the Tutorials. I've got some useful info from Tutorials and Tips Sections. There is alot of activity and info reading on this site. Thanks
Biker Chick
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

Can you give us the error when you get the blue screen
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Biker Chick

Biker Chick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Can you give us the error when you get the blue screen
Mark

This is not from a recent Blue Screen: Tech Info Screen
STOP:0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XEF17746D, 0XF99D8A54. 0XF99D8750)
portcls system-Address EF17746D base at EF17000, Date Stamp 41107f13

Beginning dump of physical Memory

A little later this afternoon I will enable the Realtek and see if I get the Blue Screen and write it down and send. I have an errand to run now.

Thanks alot
Biker Chick
Posted Image

#4 Biker Chick

Biker Chick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:31 PM

Sorry I had not looked at MultiMedia Auto Controller in the last few days. Not since Gateway had control of my machine. I just looked at it and there is a yellow !onthe Multi Media Auto Controller.
Posted Image

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

This is how I would try it. Download the driver from the real tek website. Download the driver to the desktop. reboot into safemode and install from there. I just reread your original post and it dawned on me. A while back (6 months ?) Microsoft had an update that played Hell with Realtek audio drivers. I'll look some more
Mark

Here's the fix from Microsoft I didn't notice, is this XP or VISTA?

Edited by garmanma, 27 August 2007 - 03:32 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 Biker Chick

Biker Chick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

This is how I would try it. Download the driver from the real tek website. Download the driver to the desktop. reboot into safemode and install from there. I just reread your original post and it dawned on me. A while back (6 months ?) Microsoft had an update that played Hell with Realtek audio drivers. I'll look some more
Mark

Here's the fix from Microsoft I didn't notice, is this XP or VISTA?

I'm running WinXP SP2. The computer came with SP1 and was update to SP2.

I have the update from Microsoft that you sent already on my computer. KB935448 was installed on 6/16/2007. I think this problem is my own fault. I deleted Realtek by mistake. Siting on my desktop now is AUD_ALLOS_5.10.0.6020_PV_Realtek AC97, This download is from Intel. When Gateway had control of my computer they put it there. When they tried to download I would get the Blue Screen too. CONTINUALLY GETING BLUE SCREEN EVERYTIME I TRY A DOWNLOAD is why I ask if anything like the Firewall could be stopping the download. I have the Restore Disk that came with my machine. Do you think I should delete all Realtek from my machine and try again to use Restore Disk??

Edited by Biker Chick, 27 August 2007 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users