Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble With Realplayer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KuriousWanderer

KuriousWanderer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:50 AM

Hi I hope that somebody can help me with the installation of realplayer :thumbsup: When I try to run the install program it kindly informs me that "As a restricted user you do not have adequate Windows operating system rights to use this program to install software please contact system administrator for help" but as I am the owner/administrator of this p.c. I find that I am unable to help myself - so I'm hoping that somebody else can shed some much needed light on the subject. I should also mention that I'm running Vista Premium and that I haven't had any problems Installing other apps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:01 PM

Personally I wouldn't use it. instead use Real Alternative, avaialble here. Does everything real does but with less rubbish installed to your PC.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 KuriousWanderer

KuriousWanderer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:31 AM

Thanks FireKracker will do, but I hate to admit that I'm well in the dark when it comes to computers - and I've seen a few sites that require realplayer or at least they say they do, any way round this ?

#4 Franky-99

Franky-99

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:05 AM

Kurious - Firekracker pointed you towards real alternative, this installs the codecs needed to run real media, both local and on websites, just make sure your browsers are closed when installing.

#5 KuriousWanderer

KuriousWanderer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

Cheers Franky-99, I did this and all seems well. Yet it still bugs me that real player wouldn't let me install. I get this nagging sensation that there is something fundamentally wrong some-where

#6 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Thanks FireKracker will do, but I hate to admit that I'm well in the dark when it comes to computers - and I've seen a few sites that require realplayer or at least they say they do, any way round this ?

Whoops yeah forgot to mention, sorry!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#7 Franky-99

Franky-99

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Cheers Franky-99, I did this and all seems well. Yet it still bugs me that real player wouldn't let me install. I get this nagging sensation that there is something fundamentally wrong some-where

Do not worry yourself over real player, as it sounds like your computer is very smart and refuses to let real player mess your system up!

But seriously, if installing real player is your only problem, then forget about it, unless you start to experience problems installing other software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users