Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers Crash When Sli Enabled

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

When ever i enable SLI mode then start a game or any 3d program the drivers stop responding and have successfully recovered this goes on and on until i shut off my computer, all my drivers are up to date.
i am using windows vista ultimate 64-bit and two 8800gts.
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:23 AM

We were having a similar problem with two GeForce 8800 Ultras.

It would bluescreen at various times with Vista x64.

Have you tried the latest BETA drivers? http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_163.44.html

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

I noticed in a previous post that Nivida has had problems with their vista drivers. Try the beta drivers that Radium posted to
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

The 64-bit Vista SLI driver are absolutely horrible. I wouldn't even try to get such a setup to work. Disable one of the cards until nVIDIA gets their SLI drivers sorted out.

EDIT: At the same time you could put a little pressure on nVIDIA by letting them know, in no unclear terms, what you think about their driver situation.

Edited by Mr Alpha, 27 August 2007 - 12:23 PM.

"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#5 i have no name

i have no name
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions i have been using the beta drivers they still dont work but i dont mind not having sli i still get decent framerates
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#6 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions i have been using the beta drivers they still dont work but i dont mind not having sli i still get decent framerates

There's always Multi-monitor support until they update the drivers for SLI :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users