Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Ups

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alanem

alanem

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:36 AM

At the moment I am plagued by CdI Pop ups and am trying to do something about it via the BC Security Forum. What has amazed me is the number of anti spyware downloads there are available and all saying they can kill everything. What is really needed is someway to hit back at the advertisers in the pop ups. Surely some of the reputable names like Asda, AOL, Barclays etc must know the frustration they are indirectly causing. If enough people complained it might strike them that it could be having a negative effect. Without sponsors all these pop ups would disappear but then how would all the anti spyware merchants make a living. Hmmm!

I also don't like the word 'actually'. Just count the number of times you hear an expert say it

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

Sorry to hear about all of your problems.

I actually agree that pop ups are a pain.

:thumbsup:

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:44 AM

Have you tried using the Bitdefender and Superantispyware scans available from this list?

Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps

Also run them from Safe Mode

How to start Windows in Safe Mode
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users