Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help need a driver

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 karenc76

karenc76

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:44 AM

hi can someone help bought two gamepads both compatible with xp. so they dont need drivers. but i do need the human interface driver for them to work cant find it anywhere. did get one for windows 98 but it doesnt work on xp :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pip22

pip22

• Banned
  • 341 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:54 AM

Are you sure it's a HID driver issue? The HID driver should be builtin to Windows XP (on 98 it was on the CD but not installed by default) In order for these devices to work with Windows, a related system-service needs to be enabled also. It's listed in Services as 'Human Interface Device Access' . If it's showing as disabled (I disabled mine is for security reasons) HIDs will not work.

#3 karenc76

karenc76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:01 PM

yes it is a hid problem. went to services and set it to automatic. the services had stopped so pressed start got error message. error 126 - the specified module could not be found . any ideas pls help driving me mad :thumbsup:

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:24 PM

Have you tried to enable the service under Safe Mode, then restarted the computer normally?
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#5 karenc76

karenc76
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:11 AM

tried access in safe mode u cannot start services in safe mode. any other ideas. not only cant xp not recongise gamepads as a human interface device but also my wireless intellimouse have to use the ps/2 adapter it came with it. theirs not problems with gamepads coz i tried them on my other comp its got windows 98 on it and they work fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users