Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mcafee Blocking Ie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 madtowngurl

madtowngurl

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

I have recently installed McAfee and now after a few days, my Internet Explorer will not connect. Continues to say it is atttempting connect, but will not do so. Window just stays open. I have tried to uninstall McAfee from add/remove programs but it will not uninstall, even from safe mode. Will not even open a window when I try.
When I try to open McAfee Security Center, it states it is trying to download a file, but cannot due to internet being unable to connect. This also appears to be causing other issues with my computer also, like all programs will not open, and the search command is missing. Also, othe programs that try to open, say they are missing.
I have read other posts on this subject, but the solutions in them have been unable to help me. Anyone else have any ideas on what I might try, or have you had same issue?

Don't make me mad, or I'll stab you with my gun!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

McAfee have a removal tool for uninstalling their software. You can download if from here.

Many internet connection problems are caused by corruption of the Winsock settings. You can reset these by doing the following.

Log on as Administrator.
Go to Start > Run and type: "cmd"
Type: "netsh winsock reset"
When it is finished you should receive the following message: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the machine in order to complete the reset."
Close the command box and reboot.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 madtowngurl

madtowngurl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:59 AM

I will try this. Thanks. I will have to download removal tool from other computer since I cannot do so from one with issues. The removal tool is able to be copied to a disk from there, right?
Don't make me mad, or I'll stab you with my gun!

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 28 August 2007 - 02:44 AM

Yes, you can copy the removal tool to a disk and transfer it to the problem machine.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users