Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Use Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Obey_YourMaster

Obey_YourMaster

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

Ok, so whenever I try to run "control panel" it tells me that "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I restored all settings to their default, and I still can't get to the control panel. Also, I have a virus on my computer that says (Misspellings and all):

"Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!

Your computer is making unauthorized copies of your system and Internet files. Run full scan now to pervent any unathorised access to your files! Click here to download spyware remover...

Yes No"

I found a program to fix it called "Smitfraudfix" but when I try to clean the registry with it, it says that the administrator won't let me. If anyone can help me, that'd be awesome. Thanks in advance.

~Moved from Windows XP~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 27 August 2007 - 12:05 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:24 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

If I'm wrong, I'm certain I will be corrected, but I thought Smitfraud was also malware,spyware.

Have you tried system restore to get back to an acceptable system condition.

Regards,

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:16 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

If I'm wrong, I'm certain I will be corrected, but I thought Smitfraud was also malware,spyware.

Have you tried system restore to get back to an acceptable system condition.

Regards,

Tony.

Smitfraud is malware, Smitfraudfix is a utility that is designed to address this malware, I am not familiar with it but I'm sure that one of our HJT team members will have something to contribute to this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users