Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Blaster Won't Update Since Ca Security Suite Installed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DooDahMan

DooDahMan

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:51 PM

Greetings :trumpet:

Since installing Computer Associates' Security Suite, when I try to update Spyware Blaster it can't connect to the server and says:

Error Connection To Update Server
There was an error getting the update information file from the server. The server may be unavailable or there may be a conflict with your firewall software installed on your PC. The update information may have gotten corrupted during download. Please try again later.

Can someone help me tell CA firewall to allow this much needed update?

Many thanks in advance! :flowers: : :thumbsup:

DooDahMan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

Could you please try temporarily disabling Computer Associates' Security Suite, and then try updating SpywareBlaster?

(Also, you may want to check to see that spywareblaster.exe is allowed access to the Internet through Computer Associates' Security Suite - there may be multiple rules, go to the firewall section and you may have to delete all that pertain to spywareblaster, and then wait to create a new one by trying to update again.)
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 DooDahMan

DooDahMan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2007 - 08:01 AM

I turned off the CA Firewall and was able to update the program. I have yet to try to modify the CA Firewall and may do so....so wish me luck!

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

DooDahMan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users