Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:21 AM

I'm running Window XP Pro and see the following error in Event Viewer. Can someone point me in the right direction for a fix please?

DetailsProduct:Windows Operating SystemID:7026Source:Service Control ManagerVersion:5.0Component:System Event LogSymbolic Name:EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILEDMessage:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1 ExplanationThe specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User ActionDo all of the following:
  • Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
  • Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.
Version:5.2Symbolic Name:EVENT_BOOT_SYSTEM_DRIVERS_FAILEDMessage:The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: %1 ExplanationThe specified drivers did not load correctly. The driver might not be in the expected location.

User ActionDo all of the following:
  • Verify that the drivers are configured correctly.
  • Verify that the computer is running the most current version of the drivers.
Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:11 PM

After the error does it continue to boot to Windows and can you use it?If you can't try safemode. You need to get to Device Manager and look for any yellow exclamation points or red X's that will tell you which device needs attention
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

After the error does it continue to boot to Windows and can you use it?If you can't try safemode. You need to get to Device Manager and look for any yellow exclamation points or red X's that will tell you which device needs attention
Mark

I see the error in the Event Log. I boot into Windows just fine without seeing an error. I've gone into Device Manager and don't see any yellow exclamations or red Xs.

#4 Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:40 PM

The error also says, "The following boot-start or system-start driver failed to load:
kl1"
Thanks,
Doug in Alaska

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

Do you use Kapersky anti-virus?
this can also be an infection. Read this
http://www.file.net/process/kl1
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

I use Zone Alarm Security Suite - The paid version

#7 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:28 PM

You might want to go to the malware/HijackThis section and do some scans
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Have you tried uninstalling it in the device manager and reinstalling it? I could just be a corrupted driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#9 Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:53 PM

Have you tried uninstalling it in the device manager and reinstalling it? I could just be a corrupted driver.

No I haven't. I don't see it in the device manager.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,757 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

I misread you thread in my haste to get going, I had thought you were having a problem with a device driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#11 Doug in Alaska

Doug in Alaska
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

Thanks guys, this one has me baffled!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users