Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pet32.exe Is Missing?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qwerty9876

qwerty9876

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:11 AM

Hi. I recently did a scan on one of my external hardrives (an mp3 player) and Norton Antivirus found w32.spybot.worm and resolved the issue. pet32.exe was deleted according to the acitons summary of the scan. However, when i click on the icon of my mp3 player now, it pops an error message saying that pet32.exe was not found. however, I can still access the files by right-clicking and then clicking explore. Is there a significant problem? How can I fix it?

Ive googled pet32 but help suggestions were mainly to remove the pet32 and the virus, but not about the problem here, which is the error message.

Thanks in advance.\

EDIT: Just a little bit of extra info..I checked out the autoruns software.. but couldnt find the string "pet32.exe"

Edited by qwerty9876, 26 August 2007 - 06:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

Try reinstalling the software for your mp3 player and see if that resolves the problem.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users