Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Keep Restarting

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Reem

Reem

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:10 PM

For some reason, windows keeps restarting on it's own and says this: I'm really afraid something is wrong and I have no idea on how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure you have adequate disk space. If driver is identified in stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for drive updates to try changing video adapters.

Check your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer. Press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information: l me
***STOP: 0x00000007t ( 0xC00000000St) 0xF89896BB4, 0xF89868B0)

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator technical support group for further assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:52 PM

Can you boot into safe mode?
What brand and model computer do you have? How much memory do you have? What version of windows and which service packs are installed?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Reem

Reem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

Can you boot into safe mode?
What brand and model computer do you have? How much memory do you have? What version of windows and which service packs are installed?

Yeah I can boot into safe mode. I've got a 2 year old Sony Vaio. I know my memory is pretty good. I'll go check to make sure. I have Windows XP.

What do you mean by service packs?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:09 AM

If you right click on My Computer and then click on Properties it will show system and under that you will find your operating system and what service pack you have.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

press windows key and pause/break key
your system properties will show
you will see what service pack you have

#6 Reem

Reem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

^^ Thanks to both of you.

Microsoft Windows XP. Home Edition. Version 2002. Service Pack 2.

504MB of RAM

Edited by Reem, 26 August 2007 - 12:26 AM.

#7 mme

mme

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:22 AM

STOP: 0x00000007t...this has one 0 too many

are you sure its this error
and not one of these

STOP: 0x0000007A

STOP: 0x0000007B

STOP: 0x0000007F

#8 Reem

Reem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:54 AM

STOP: 0x00000007t...this has one 0 too many

are you sure its this error
and not one of these

STOP: 0x0000007A

STOP: 0x0000007B

STOP: 0x0000007F

I'm sure I typed it one 0 too many. lol but I know there was a t at the end.

#9 Bobang

Bobang

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

Your best bet at the moment is to start your computer and insert your Windows CD immediately and press any key to start from the CD. In case it tried to start without the CD, then restart the computer as the CD is already there. You will get the option to "Press any key to start with CD". Do so and let it reload some start files etc. till you are prompted to insert your options. At this point press the key "r" on your keyboard ( without quotation marks) and let it run. It will bring you into the command prompt mode. You will get the final option like this 1: C:\WINDOWS> or several others depending on your installations.

You will be asked to enter the installation you are interested in. If your operating system is on C: (usually is) then press 1 on your keyboard and press ENTER. You will be asked to enter your Password ( enter that or simply press ENTER). This will give you C:\WINDOWS>

Now, you type in the command: C: just where the cursor is blinking and press ENTER. You will get C:\> type CHKDSK /r just where the cursor is blinking and press ENTER (note there is a space after CHKDSK!)

Now this will start checkdisk on your sytem and start reparing. Go get some coffee as it will take sometime to finish. When this is done it will finish on its own and start, eventually may even give you several options to choose from. Use the "Normal" mode by using the Up/Down keys and press ENTER.

Now that you are up and running you need to fix the problem as these are not removed. Usually some faulty drivers or a new program caused the crash. Either remove the program or fix the drivers.

Post back and you will get further help and learn how to use the WnDebug Tool to fix those driver or other problems. I just noticed that a dump file was created and this will give the necessary clues to what went wrong. More on that after you post!

Edited by Bobang, 26 August 2007 - 01:55 AM.

Bobang

in all things be men

#10 Reem

Reem
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:39 AM

The thing is I don't have the windows cd. When I got the laptop everything was already on it. I haven't had any problems like this before so it's all new to me.

A new pop up came up. It's basically says the same only this time it says:
Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Mrnstdi.sys - address F88645Cd

base at F8863000 date stamp 46698812

#11 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:24 AM

Error messages are written using hexadecimal notation - so the series with the 7 in it only goes as high as 7f.

The Driver IRQL message usually indicates a bad device driver, but it can also be memory problem, and can even be caused by viruses or malware.

A google for Mrnstdi.sys gives no results - and that's usually an indication that the file should be suspected to be a virus until proven otherwise. I'd suggest a couple of free, online scans to ensure that the system is clean:

http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users