Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Email Duplicating

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:56 PM

Has anyone ever experienced after opening an email with a download that the email duplicates itself in your inbox about 30 times? The emails delete very easily and do not reappear. It was forwarded by a family member to 4 others and all of the 4 had the same thing happen after they opened the email. I have never heard of a virus or malware that does this and I cannot find anything similar in a search. Thank you for any information you can give.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:09 AM

This problem has been seen in Outlook Express.

In OE go to Tools/ Accounts/ Mail/ Properties/ Advanced.
At the bottom is a section called Sending. The box Break apart messages larger than is probably checked.
The value in the KB box is usually what's causing the problem.
Raise that value to 3000 or just un-check the box all together.
Click Okay.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:26 AM

Thank you, but the emails are duplicating in AOL and MSN. And it is only the one email that is doing it to all of them. An email about a McDonalds commercial. They are not getting duplicates of anything but this one email. I have been searching all over the internet for something similar and can't find anything. He sent several emails to these individuals, but only the McDonald's commercial download is duplicating. They all tell me they have deleted them and none have returned today. But I just wonder if anything could have installed on their computers. I guess some scanning should be done. Thanks for your information.

#4 Crizz44

Crizz44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:00 PM

Well, I did find out that the original file type was from Outlook Express Mail Message. So maybe this is why it happened, even though it was sent from AOL to AOL and MSN, it was a forward from someone who has Outlook Express.
Thanks !! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users