Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Swarming Trojans

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandbombmoh

sandbombmoh

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

4 Days ago I stupidly opened a zip file my friend sent me to get a virus... or plural actually. only affects my internet so far- however does close down my MSN when using it randomly and sents out files, just like the one that caught me, to anyone online on my contacts list. 2 Days ago it progressed and started sending out spam mail with crude subject titles to emails i have never heard of, causing one of my anti-viral programmes to spin out of control, scanning messages filling the screen in the hundreds.

Anyway quite a few anti-virus programmes and scans, not to mention over 40 caught Trojan Horses by my AVG later, I came accross Avast which I have been using. Before this I couldnt even go on the internet without the virus going crazy, but after a long scan with Avast, the symptoms went away- thrilled i went onto use the internet. About an hour into using it though, the first symptoms of crashing msn and sending out files to people started again.

Can anyone please help me with my problem. This is my last chance before having to resort to reformatting and I really cant afford to have to do that. over 40 trojans is just rediculous- how many virus checks do I have to go through before something catches it! =(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

I wonder if your friend knows he sent it to you? Is he a Mac user?
NEVER open any file or click on any link in an email or IM unless you are 100% sure of what it is.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users