Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Palm Zire and add on programs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Haroldo

Haroldo

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:45 PM

I really don't understand what a hack is (I'm from NY and "hacks" are cab drivers), but I think I read somewhere that the new Palm OS (ver 5) doesn't support hacks. I have been using a progam called Mega Wiki (which made the Palm act like a web page with links from one application to another) with my old Palm m500 (OS 4.1). The program needed a hack called X-Master.
My question is if the new Palm doesn't use hacks, then I can't use Mega Wiki, right (seems like an obvious question, but I thought I'd ask). Is there anything else that can be used?
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 efizzer

efizzer

• Members
  • 360 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:22 PM

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:42 AM

I think i've seen hack programs for Palm OS5, i just have to remember what they are. I just got my Palm Tungsten T5 this X-mas(thank you rich Daddy-in-Law!) so i'm still in the screwwing with it phase... trying to get my background images to show... new icon sets and how to install them... stuff like that. Ihave noticed that there aren't a lot of things listed as compatable with OS5 but will still work on OS5. I kinda cannot wait for OS6 Cobalt to come out, and hopefully it'll work with my Tungsten. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

We're going to make the merry-go-round go faster, so everyone needs to hang on tighter-just to keep from being thrown to the wolves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users