Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[tv] Problem: Tv Doesnt Remember Presets On Shutdown

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lobotomy-

lobotomy-

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 25 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hey,

I'm having a problem with my television, and I didn't know better but to post it here.

When I shut it down and start it up again, all my channel presets are gone and I have to do a scan every time to find them.
I'm not sure but someone told me it would be the battery which is low.

Is this true?
If so, can I change it myself?

Thx in advance!

Grtz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

Which program are you using for TV viewing? I use Windows Media Center included in Vista. Also, what type of TV tuner do you have?

3939.png

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 12:38 AM

What kind of Television do you have. Most tvs will use the small amount of voltage that runs in the background to maintain the memory when the set is off, the only time that the battery should come into effect is if the line voltage is disrupted. Are you turning the power off on a power strip or by a light switch?

Edited by dc3, 26 August 2007 - 12:38 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 lobotomy-

lobotomy-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 03:38 AM

my tv is Bluesky LC20HI

i cant find much info on the internet though. when i turn it off, the channels are gone.. turn of = by remote control or plug, doesnt matter

#5 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,771 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:10 AM

Most current sets store tuning data in Flash RAM or EEPROM, when this fails to store it generally indicates a faulty storage chip. But it's not impossible that the TV could use CMOS memory with a backup battery, I've seen the occasional Philips set do that. As you say, there seems to be very little information about the brand.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users